Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Back On The Horse... If It Can Hold Me

For all the those Simpsons viewers out there: do you remember the episode when Homer is trying to gain weight to get out of work, and when he hops on the scale he isn't heavy enough until Bart points out that his roll of fat stuck on the towel rack revealing that he hasn't only met the weight, but exceeded it by a good number? That's kind of how I felt when I hopped on the scale and it was way over what I had estimated it would be. I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to care about my weight until January, but come on, you can't just shake being a racer for three months. By the time I found out I had become a massive sea cow it was too late.  I had a disappointing Wednesday night CX race with a 9th out of 39 followed by an even worse Saturday race getting second to last place. Just back in September, right before the Crested Butte race, I started dead last and ended up 3rd during the Wednesday night race, and now I'm struggling to even finish!? I've accepted that I suck at CX, but this is just pathetic! I guess I took the off-season theme and ran with it a little too far. I have two weeks until my next CX race. Time to get back on the horse and lose some pounds. Hopefully I can get back into form so I won't completely embarrass myself this CX season.